Awards selection process:
- Nominations for ICA award are received from ICA National Representatives each year and the ICA Board selects award recipients who are invited to attend the annual ICA Council Meeting and Conference.
- The ICA Board & Programme Committees will determine on an annual basis if awards in all, or some, categories will be granted.
- An ICA Board Member will convene the Awards Committee (membership will be influenced by nominations received) preceding the annual conference.
- Nominations may come from a variety of sources; however, it must be co-sponsored by the ICA National Representative.
- In addition to the ICA Representative, three references are required for consideration by the Awards Committee. The references must have first-hand experience and knowledge of the work done by the nominee.
How to nominate?
Nominations normally include a written justification (300 words maximum) addressing why recognitions are merited in the category selected. Some personal interviews/reference checks may occur.
Who can be nominees?
All nominees must be government/public sector employees and from within ICA member countries.
When awards are presented?
All award winners will be kept confidential until the awards are presented during the annual ICA Conference’s Gala event.